Scales VOP ironically will not scale.

1706   3   0
75 posts
Does anyone have any advice or info on how to implement the patterns in houdini's Material Context. I am trying to make some Displacement shaders and I am finding that these tools are nothing like noise and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to implement them properly. I am able to get displacements to work but my major problem lies in not being able to change the scale or number of repeats. The built in parameters are not functioning like I would expect. Frequency does not do this… It's rather strange…

Also IN sops the patterns give me Zero value even with a visualize. I just cannot seem to get the patterns to function the way I would expect.

Attachments:
Scales.png (673.9 KB)
SOP.png (105.5 KB)

- “spooky action at a distance”. Albert Einstein
65 posts
Hey Noboru, can you share your scene? It seems to me that it's working as expected …
75 posts
Here ya go. I can get things to happen but I just can't get control over tiling on the Displace with patterns. And The proper alignment when uses on a SOP. Thanks for your input. PS I only opened up the scales to peek, No changes.

Attachments:
Projectiontests.hip (381.7 KB)

75 posts
Sorry I was able to fix the displacement in the SOPS level. My mistake. But that Displace shader has been two days.
  • Quick Links