Put new operators in the corresponding network box

6341   13   3
581 posts
Hi list.
I don't know but if I am making something wrong, but when you have a network box with several operators in it, and then select one of this nodes, display it in a viewer and from the viewer add a new operator, this new operator appears outside from the box.
It would be desirable to have the option to set this behaviour, normally when i add an operator to another that is into a network box i want that this new operator will be in the same network box too, and the network box grow automatically.
Maybe this could be a new RFE.
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
509 posts
Yeah i agree with lisux.. I also extensively use netboxes.. and this would help a lot during viewport workflow.
JcN
VisualCortexLab Ltd :: www.visualcortexlab.com
Staff
2540 posts
So to be clear, if the current selected/displayed node is in a network box, any subsequent operations done in the viewport should place those newly added nodes in to the network box as well.

Submitted.
There's at least one school like the old school!
509 posts
yup … and if i can add something regarding netboxes…

today I've made few ROPs which where organized in netbox.. and many times when moving or reorganizing such netboxes ROP.. it often happened that by going too close (but not that close) to the netbox border.. the ROP was automatically removed from the netbox .. that said I guess the best way would be a RMB menu with some netbox option like “remove from current netbox” .. and with a preference like “keep OBJs inside netbox” so when you move the OBJs you also ‘stretch’ the netbox accordingly.. this would avoid removing/repositioning OBJs when in netboxes..

cheers.
JcN
4262 posts
Like an option to lock a node to a netbox?

So if you moved a node outside a netbox the netbox would grow to accommodate?
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
2199 posts
I think netboxes could have loads of extra functionality, they should behave just like visual representations of groups. So you could turn on/off all nodes inside, select/unselect, template, whatever.
Also agree with the other RFE's here. And still hoping for nested boxes.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
711 posts
Yup, nesting would be great, as well as the ability to comment them.
639 posts
Please please please, if at all possible, make the default color saturation of the netbox to something less glaring so that it's easier to read the node/text… Imagine setting that bright hot pink netbox….. :?
581 posts
Thanks for the submission Jeff.
And yes i am agree with the nested boxes and coments for boxes RFE.
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
Staff
2540 posts
I too immediately saw the RFE's you guys have with network boxes. Much of this overlaps with bundles. Way back I wrote simple scripts that took network boxes and created bundles from them. The name of the bundle was the name on the network box.

Simple and it works. Bundles has a nicely defined interface and has uses way beyond the networks. You can organize objects in to network boxes then create the bundles. Incorporate filters and you even get that nice behaviour.
There's at least one school like the old school!
581 posts
jeff
I too immediately saw the RFE's you guys have with network boxes. Much of this overlaps with bundles. Way back I wrote simple scripts that took network boxes and created bundles from them. The name of the bundle was the name on the network box.

Simple and it works. Bundles has a nicely defined interface and has uses way beyond the networks. You can organize objects in to network boxes then create the bundles. Incorporate filters and you even get that nice behaviour.
Hi Jeff
How can i catch the network creation event?
Or you run a macro script that gets all the network boxes in your active network pane, and from them create bundles.
Any way to automate it?
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
509 posts
Wolfwood
Like an option to lock a node to a netbox?

So if you moved a node outside a netbox the netbox would grow to accommodate?

exactly.

cheers
JcN
4262 posts
Simon
I think netboxes could have loads of extra functionality, they should behave just like visual representations of groups. So you could turn on/off all nodes inside, select/unselect, template, whatever.

Sounds almost like a subnet. :wink:
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
581 posts
Wolfwood
Simon

Sounds almost like a subnet. :wink:
Yes but not subnets.
I understand Network Boxes like an graphical aid, subnets are construction aid for me.
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
  • Quick Links