Timeshift in Chops?

4917   8   0
81 posts
Hi

I am looking for a way to replicate the functionality of the Timeshift-sop in CHOPS.
In other words, I want to be able to retime incoming animation data. ‘Warp’ and ‘Shift’ don't seem to do it. Or maybe I am overlooking something.

Does anyone know how to tackle this?

Thanx

Michiel
Edited by mackerBaehr - Nov. 27, 2017 06:30:43
2038 posts
Fetch your data into chops then apply your shift with the shift node. Then export to where you desire.
81 posts
The “Shift”, as far as I can see, does not do the same as “Timeshift”.
Hence me stating that already in my question.
2038 posts
No it doesn't, but your were asking about shifting animation ‘data’.

If you want what the sop timeshift does, why not just use that?

Maybe clarify with more details and perhaps a hip file as to what you really want to do.
7741 posts
There's no equivalent of the ‘timeshift’ in chops, as in a directly animatable time/frame parameter. If your retime is constant, the stretch chop is the most efficient. If doing a non-linear retime, the Warp chop can effectively do what the time shift does. You provide a time or speed channel, and it outputs the retimed values.
648 posts
see attached…

Attachments:
chops_timewarp.hipnc (199.9 KB)

615 posts
i remember seen a vimeo tutorial of a guy using chops to create a time warp matrix style, but i couldnt find it.
2038 posts
Yes…within chops and the nodes available like the shift node to name one…you can accomplish many of the same end results as you can using the Time Shift/Time Warp nodes in SOPs.

It all just depends on what it is your trying to acomplish which determines what you actually end up doing in chops.
159 posts
anon_user_40689665
see attached...

This is very helpful.
Thanks
  • Quick Links