Can't export animation in FBX

1488   5   2
17 posts
Hi,

I'm using Houdini Indie and can't export an animation rig to .fbx. I'm making sure I'm specifying the frame range and take, and have tried multiple different fbx versions and checkbox combinations. To test the resulting file, I'm using both Unity and Autodesk FBX Review in MacOS High Sierra.

I even built a barebones scene with a bouncing sphere just to test it, and it still doesn't work (mesh is exported, but no animation).

I'm attaching the basic bouncing ball scene, just in case.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Attachments:
bouncyball.hiplc (66.6 KB)

1731 posts
Hmm…it seems to work for me.

Attachments:
Untitled-1.jpg (116.2 KB)
ap_bouncyball_FBX_export.hiplc (68.7 KB)
bouncyBall.fbx (33.1 KB)

Using Houdini Indie

Windows 7 32GB AMD FX8370 @ 4.0Ghz
nVidia 1070GTX 8BG RAM. Driver: 358.87
17 posts
Oh, I didn't know there was a FilmBox out node! That one works.
I was using the File/Export menu, which seems to be broken and doesn't export the frame range correctly. Bug?

Thanks!
11 posts
Solved a similar problem for me as well! Thank you
78 posts
AYAYAY!!
I just burned a couple hours with the same broken FBX exporter (File->Export->Filmbox FBX…).
It definitely is broken on Mac High Sierra Houdini 16.5.268. No idea which versions it may have worked on. Absolutely no keyframes, even with the simplest test scenes. Even importing back into Houdini itself.
But the Filmbox Output ROP DOES work. Frustrating but thankful for a way forward!
6715 posts
I'd try the latest 16.5.323 production build. This bug should have been fixed in 16.5.314.
Edited by edward - Dec. 31, 2017 02:32:37
  • Quick Links