talking of group sops

3857   4   0
80 posts
When you renamed the group sop (the actual operator tile), it used to rename the group automatically, which kinda made sense, now it doesn't and 99.99 times out of a hundred you have to change the group name by hand (unless you want your group called group1), which is okay until you got lots and lots, can you change it back.
tea-time + rand(FF) = true
7725 posts
That was a serious bug. It existed because what used to happen is that renaming any node would do a blind search and replace for that string everywhere in Houdini. Things would mysteriously break for no reason whenever a node was renamed.

When one creates a group sop, by default, the node name gets created as “group1” and the group name gets created as “group1” as well. However, even in the old system, that behaviour would easily change if you already had a “group1” group but not a “group1” node.

In “modern” Houdini, when renaming a node, only places which are explicitly operator paths are updated.
311 posts
You could always throw $OS in the group field. That'll make your group name the same as your node name.

Jerry
80 posts
good idea - i just dont like typing more than i have to, oops, i'm typing, oh bother i'm doing it again…etc etc
tea-time + rand(FF) = true
4262 posts
harry_the_cat
good idea - i just dont like typing more than i have to, oops, i'm typing, oh bother i'm doing it again…etc etc

Well, you could always just add the $OS to the Group SOP's creation script.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
  • Quick Links