Unreal Engine - How to use PDG?

1097   5   4
63 posts
I cannot find any documentation anywhere. I see some videos for how to use with unity. I cannot find anything comparable in Unreal. How do you set it up?
384 posts
same question here..
6 posts
I would also love to see a some info on this topic.
384 posts
here you can let SideFX devs know that you'd like to see it implemented sooner than later.
https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/61738/?page=1#post-275459 [www.sidefx.com]
Edited by Andr - March 20, 2019 11:11:28
Staff
322 posts
Hi,

The PDG Asset link for the Unreal plugin is on our roadmap and will be available in the near future.

You can still use PDG with the Unreal plugin by nesting TOP networks at the SOP level in your HDAs.
The TOP net will cook as would any “regular” subnet in your asset's network.

The downside to this approach is that you wont have the asynchronous loading of outputs/inputs from PDG that the asset link provides.
3 posts
dpernuit
Hi,

The PDG Asset link for the Unreal plugin is on our roadmap and will be available in the near future.

You can still use PDG with the Unreal plugin by nesting TOP networks at the SOP level in your HDAs.
The TOP net will cook as would any “regular” subnet in your asset's network.

The downside to this approach is that you wont have the asynchronous loading of outputs/inputs from PDG that the asset link provides.

It would be great if someone could put together a tutorial showing how to do this. I tried but couldn't get it to work.
  • Quick Links