View mask not showing correct aspect with Render Settings

2414   2   1
11 posts
Hi all, we want our artists to set the output render resolution per camera which the Render Settings (UsdRenderSettings) node does nicely.

Only thing is I can't figure out how to force the active viewport's view mask to adhere to the aspect ratio set by the Render Settings node. Only thing that affects it is changing the apertures on the Camera node. I have the render setting selected in the viewport drop down.

How do you preview the correct aspect in Solaris viewport when providing an output image resolution?

Thanks!

G
2039 posts
What I do is use the camera to view - with its' horizontal and vertical aperature set to the same ratio as the desired resolution.

For ortho(camera set as such) work when I need the output to match a 2d image references resolution I find the cameras horizontal/vertical aperatures work on a order of 10 times less for proper correspondance. e.g. if the output is going to be 1280 x 720, the horizontal vertical settings on the camera should be 128.0 x 72.0
Edited by BabaJ - March 19, 2020 18:29:37
7767 posts
GeordieM
Hi all, we want our artists to set the output render resolution per camera which the Render Settings (UsdRenderSettings) node does nicely.

Only thing is I can't figure out how to force the active viewport's view mask to adhere to the aspect ratio set by the Render Settings node. Only thing that affects it is changing the apertures on the Camera node. I have the render setting selected in the viewport drop down.

How do you preview the correct aspect in Solaris viewport when providing an output image resolution?

Thanks!

G

I've asked for a resolution gate control similar to maya's on the forum. I should enter an RFE
  • Quick Links