Karma Toon Shader

4432   9   2
48 posts
Hi, I wanted to experiment a little bit with karma and though I could make a simple toon shader but I can't figure out how to get a simple lambert color output to use as emission. as it the way to do with mantra

is there any materialX node that would give me the value I need ?

Thanks for the help.
146 posts
Bump to this. I'm interested in knowing if there's any plan to bring non-photorealistic shading to Karma.
38 posts
+1 I need it too.
Wow factor
22 posts
need this too
59 posts
Interested too
12 posts
HristoVelev
Interested too
Check this out:
https://www.rohandalvi.net/toon-shading [www.rohandalvi.net]
7785 posts
SciTheSqrl
Hi, I wanted to experiment a little bit with karma and though I could make a simple toon shader but I can't figure out how to get a simple lambert color output to use as emission. as it the way to do with mantra

is there any materialX node that would give me the value I need ?

Thanks for the help.

Use dot product node with world geometry normal and light direction (entered manually as three numbers in world space)
248 posts
good workaround ⬆️, but will fail with shadows sadly (simple example - ear shadow on the head, etc)
https://twitter.com/oossoonngg [twitter.com]
7785 posts
osong
good workaround ⬆️, but will fail with shadows sadly (simple example - ear shadow on the head, etc)
yeah, no way to do shadows without ray tracing. Maybe do depthmap shadows?
59 posts
Yes Rohan's tests are great, buying that! Also there is the fresnel nodes that do the normal/incidence thing. I'll be checking out what's there in vray, blender and renderman too. Style transfer might also be usable as a component, there is a copycat model in nuke that does that.
  • Quick Links