Congratulations & How to Claim Prizes

7008   15   3
Staff
1182 posts
Congratulations to everyone for a great month of art and animation, to everyone who completed the Iron Heart and to Thomas for winning best collection. Best Image/Animation judging is also now complete and available on the Winners Page [www.sidefx.com].

For everyone who won daily challenge T-shirts or Iron Heart SWAG Packs (and you submitted your contact sheet on time) please fill out the following form:

PRIZE CLAIM QUESTIONNAIRE [docs.google.com]

Note that you can only win one t-shirt even if you won on multiple days. The SWAG pack does come with a possible second T-shirt if you won a daily prize and the IRON HEART - you can ask for different sizes for these two shirts in the Questionnaire.
Edited by rmagee - April 10, 2023 15:28:18
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
51 posts
Congrats to everyone! Some incredible artwork got made last month. I stopped creating work after Day 21 because of work getting nuts.

Hey Robert! Just wanted to mention that the Winners Page needs /edit taken off the end and the "How to Claim Prizes" on the actual link goes to the 2022 competition.
Edited by EJaworenko - April 12, 2023 20:49:03
Houdini TD, I focus on tools for procedural asset creation.

www.jaworenko.design
Staff
1182 posts
Thanks - fixed
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
123 posts
Aaallright, done aaaand submitted.

Thanks for the organisation, Robert. It was pretty clean this year!
Thanks to the judges for the artwork win ! It does feel nice and warm, indeed. I missed Paul Esteves' vids this year though ,)

Mardini is a nice occasion to let out the inner artist inside, step outside of the usual "button pusher" role that goes on and on all year.

While I answered "Nature" in the form, in truth I couldn't really choose. I liked all weeks, and had to challenge myself to find ideas all along. Shapes started nice and smooth. Motion was a bit compromised by my own failure at meeting the deadlines for Growth and Leap, but I love finding ways to express movement with a single image. Light was probably the hardest, in hindsight. And Worlds, man, I was so tired when we reached that one ^^
Some days I was absolutely at a loss of ideas tho : Smooth, Flow, Bulb, Reflect, Halo, Fantasy !

Obviously I can't say whether I will engage in Mardini 2024 for sure, because life is life. It will boil down, I suppose, on a few parameters. I'd like to, though. Just need to find how to balance out work, sleep, and mardini

Peace,
Olivier
106 posts
Has anyone already received their prizes / SWAG pack? I didn't...
36 posts
This was my first year doing Mardini, but from what I remember on the other forums people started receiving them around August, maybe a bit later, but don't quote me on that. I don't know if there's any notification of shipping either.

Either way, I'm sure it'll be a fun surprise when it arrives (:
103 posts
Hi, I belive we have to be patient. Prize for Mardini 2022 was delivered to me 24th February 2023.
106 posts
Anyone received their prizes? I didn’t get anything yet… almost time for Mardini 2024…
36 posts
Ha! I was just thinking of posting the same thing - also haven't received the 2023 prizes yet. And gearing up for 2024!
123 posts
yeah I'm thinking it's a good time to remind sidefx we didn't get the physical goodies ^^
106 posts
I've sent a message to Robert Magee, he'll forward our names (davidrowley, wolrajh and me) to the person responsible for the prizes.
103 posts
I also did not get anything yet.
90 posts
I doubt if anyone recieved anything.

It would be nice to have an update from staff in this forum for everyone.
Houdini Pipeline Supervisor @ TAT Studio
20 posts
Yep, me too. Haven't received anything, and Mardini 2024 should be starting in a few days. SideFX owes me a large t-shirt. Honestly, takes a good chunk of the fun out of it.
177 posts
I'm not a prize winner, but I agree. Sidefx you need to get your act together. Prizes should be despatched within the week - not 12 months plus... If I was due something I'd be very unhappy. Do you think this is good customer relations?
47 posts
Hi!,
I don’t want to sound impertinent after a year of waiting, but I still haven’t received the Iron Heart swag. told me it would be sent in March 2024. I filled out the form again as requested at the beginning of this competition, where mentioned that some prizes were still pending delivery, but it hasn’t arrived.
  • Quick Links