H9 and Hardware Shaders

4962   5   1
133 posts
Is there any way to use GLSL shaders in H9? Render it out?
4262 posts
Setting the environment variable HOUDINI_OGL_ENABLE_SHADERS to 1 will turn on OpenGL2 Shaders (GLSL). It works pretty well.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
7730 posts
Note that it is an experimental feature you use at your own discretion. Most of the OGL2 Surface SHOPs require uv's on the geometry before you see anything. Finally, they have not been updated in a while so the code may not work anymore. You can see/modify the source code in $HH/ogl2.
325 posts
edward
Note that it is an experimental feature you use at your own discretion. Most of the OGL2 Surface SHOPs require uv's on the geometry before you see anything. Finally, they have not been updated in a while so the code may not work anymore. You can see/modify the source code in $HH/ogl2.
Hey Edward,
Thanks for the info - not that I wasn't aware of OGL2 support but simply didin't have opportunity to dig it further.
Could you eleborate a bit more on how to create custom OGL2 shaders? (I mean the process of creating an OTL for an OGL2 shader) - Is it the same as an OTL for VEX Type Surface Shader Operator, with a different render mask (OGL OGL2), so that the OTL creates the shader UI and then the otl looks for the OGL vertex\fragment sources with the same name as OTL in the Houdini OGL2 dir. Something like that? So simple? I expect there's some trick )
Can we use MILL for creating custom OGL2 shaders, save those as sources, or maybe code our own, place the sources in the dir and use those for custom OGL2 shops?
THanks
I liked the Mustang
7730 posts
As I mentioned, whatever you have there right now, that's it. Nothing more. It's hidden for a reason.
1192 posts
I trust your smiley and wait for the good stuff.
8)
Dragos Stefan
producer + director @ www.dsg.ro
www.dragosstefan.ro
  • Quick Links