ARM build of Houdini ?

2869   9   1
301 posts
Now that there is an Apple Silicon build of Houdini, are there possibility of an ARM (Linux/Windows) build of Houdini ?

I have been following the HPC application on AWS Graviton 3 CPU and wondering if those architecture may boost Mantra/Solaris renders performance.

Cheers
Nicholas Yue
12 posts
That would be really cool. But I think Houdini on M1 just uses Rosetta to convert the commands.
Everyone interested should make a feature request.
Edited by RiotPixels - 2022年12月12日 13:07:46
37 posts
RiotPixels
But I think Houdini on M1 just uses Rosetta to convert the commands.
There is an native version available in beta.

https://www.sidefx.com/forum/95/ [www.sidefx.com]
Edited by liberalarts - 2022年12月12日 14:12:34
5 posts
Anyone running 19.5 on M2 Pro? Curious to hear thoughts about performance!
1 posts
HarrryHoudini
Anyone running 19.5 on M2 Pro? Curious to hear thoughts about performance!

hey, I'm running 19.5 on Macbook Air m1. It's great to be able to use the software on such laptop.
But as soon as I start heavy rendering or heavy simulations, it's getting quite slow.

One would benefit a lot from topped-out M2 with lots of RAM also, compared to my basic Air.
But this is my only option for now and it's doable. Great to have native apple silicon build of houdini!
5 posts
I'm running 20.0.590 on Apple M2 Pro. The denoising seems to have been turned off in Houdini 20 for Apple silicon when rendering with Karma CPU?
155 posts
HarrryHoudini
I'm running 20.0.590 on Apple M2 Pro. The denoising seems to have been turned off in Houdini 20 for Apple silicon when rendering with Karma CPU?

the intel denoising works
if I remember correctly I deactivated and activated it again while the renderer was running to get it working
5 posts
Yes the intel denoising is working, but the previous Nvidia denoising seems to not work in Houdini 20.0.625.
5 posts
With Houdini 20.0.625, the snapshot tool is very consistently crashing Houdini.
7709 posts
Please log a bug.
  • Quick Links