Project School - Short Movie

9923   8   2
102 posts
Hi guys,
Me and a friend of mine started working on a 4 to 6 minutes short movie. Houdini will be our main tool but Maya will also be used for rigging and animation.

The basic idea behind the short is a school day for a little girl that hates school After the storyboard is finished I'll show it to you guys.

Bellow you can see the first light explorations and grading tests for one of the locations. It's late morning, overcast with sunny spells. The overall mood of the image should be a little sad so no warm colours. Again, very early tests, the class is missing a lot of assets and most of them are still WIP, especially the shaders.

C&C more than welcomed!

Attachments:
Lighting_Exploration_040112_v1.jpg (391.6 KB)
Lighting_Exploration_040112_v2.jpg (370.6 KB)
Lighting_Exploration_040112_v3.jpg (444.9 KB)
Lighting_Exploration_040112_v1_2_3.jpg (398.2 KB)

696 posts
Cool! I specially like V3

Toronto - ON
My Houdini playground [renderfarm.tumblr.com]
“As technology advances, the rendering time remains constant.”
102 posts
Thanks Rafael and sorry for the late reply, I was quite busy with the day time job

Anyways, here are more lighting/grading exploration. At the same time I'm working on creating new assets and refining the current ones.
I know it's not the usual workflow but since I'm the only one working on these parts I think it offers more flexibility and faster results

330 posts
It reminds me of Fallout 3's post-apocalyptic atmosphere. Not sure if that's what you wanted to hear … or not
102 posts
Now that's interesting never thought of that.
Well the story takes place in ‘55 in a school from a small village and the first 3 quarters of the short are quite sad so we are looking for a colder feel. On the other hand we still want to make it visually apealing… I think it’s a delicate balance that we are searching for at this stage.
330 posts
hi adrian , nice work so far !

imo the wood texture ( over the piece that connects table's legs ) doesnt seem correct .

the direction of rings' lines should be oriented according the longest dimension of that piece ,

otherwise that could be easily broken . =p

very nice images , keep posting ..
except the things that cannot be seen , nothing is like it seems .
102 posts
Noted, thanks for pointing that up. This weekend I plan to finalize the assets from this classroom but let's see how it goes.
102 posts
Not much new on the 3d side since there is a crazy time at work but I wanted to share with you some character exploration that my fiend Mads Jakobsen is doing:

45 posts
Very nice work. Yes, the wood texture is not as good as it can be.

The lighting will be great, i know and i can't wait for the animation!
http://kaigaraonline.wordpress.com [kaigaraonline.wordpress.com]
tutorials/tips and tricks for Mobile, Photography, GNU/Linux, 2D, 3D, programming.

http://gofortheredpill.wordpress.com [gofortheredpill.wordpress.com]
Change. And food! ^-^
  • Quick Links