Attaching clothes and hair to a rigged body

13987   72   3
154 posts
Sorry couldn't do it.. The file size is too big… Only the body fbx is like 8.5MB…
154 posts
Okay 2 questions.
What node am I supposed to transfer? A capture layer paint node or a capture metaball node?(I am trying to put the node after the weight switch shown in the picture)
And what kind of deform node should I use for the clothes? Deform, Deform Metaball or Deform Muscle?

Attachments:
スクリーンショット 2017-01-17 23.25.43.png (203.7 KB)

154 posts
Okay by everyones help I finally got to this point. I copied the weight file directly and recaptured it and then locked the capture meta node.
Now all I have got to do is input the “metaCaptGroups” into the attribute transfer node.
Does anyone have any suggestions of how to do it?
Thank you very much everyone for a long time by the way

Attachments:
スクリーンショット 2017-01-18 1.15.17_00000.png (2.0 MB)

154 posts
Sorry and one more error. When I attach a capture layer paint node it seems like the weight is not properly transferred.
Can I get any help for this as well please?

Attachments:
Screenshot2_00000.png (1.8 MB)

154 posts
Okay and Capture meta has no points, primitives or vertices so I am guessing that I have to put in the right input in the Metaball SOPs?
Because it does have the right amount of points, primitives and vertices in the file read in skin.
Edited by ALMINA - Jan. 17, 2017 21:27:01

Attachments:
Screenshot3_00000.png (2.0 MB)

483 posts
If you change something above the capture meta sop
you have to unlock it and you must got to the frame
which is set as “Capture Frame” in the capture meta sop.
For transfer the order is maybe not correct.
Was Metaball set as target, while capturing?

Attachments:
Muscle-order.jpg (260.1 KB)
Capture_Metaball.jpg (49.0 KB)

English is not my native language, sorry in advance for any misunderstanding :-)
483 posts
+ The muscles should be very close to the skin, otherwise nothing is captured
and you have to paint it all.
English is not my native language, sorry in advance for any misunderstanding :-)
154 posts
I am trying to use a bgeo file that has the baked weights and geometry in it.. But somehow it is not working..
154 posts
I am trying to use this file here that says FinishedWeights.bgeo..

Attachments:
スクリーンショット 2017-01-18 12.36.44のコピー.jpg (3.4 MB)

806 posts
Hi, Matthias,

just wanted to state this here: Thank you for the patience and great support you are doing here on the forum - I am a Houdini greenhorn myself and merely fiddling my way through a completely new world. Seeing someone so willingly chiming in and helping another newbie is *great* moral support!

@Almina: I am lost about how to really help you. One thing would be to just get your setup working for you, but I am afraid that wouldn't really *help* you, because you seem to want to cross the finish without running all the rounds. The other approach does not seem to work for you: Trying to get you over the steps involved in a complete setup.
If your scene, even in a simplified version, is too big to upload it here, why don't you use a free Dropbox account or something like that? It is really hard *guessing* what is going wrong, especially when you seem to miss (really basic) steps like actually enclosing the geometry in the capture regions.

Please try to help us helping you. Break down your setup. E.g. cut off everything but an ARM. Understand how to rig and cloth-rig that. Then transfer what you learned from that to the rest of the body. Learn procedurally (sorry, couldn't resist)

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
154 posts
Thank you Marc and Matthias and sorry for the inconvenience when you are trying to help me…
And Thank you for pointing out drop box! Never thought about that!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xizmld09qgmmg8u/Test_Weight_Attribute_Transfer.zip?dl=0 [dropbox.com]

Here is the link! Please tell me if you cannot download the file or any problems!
483 posts
Hi malbrecht, many thanks :-)

@Almina, I can have a closer look today in the evening,
but first look says:

/obj/Main_Character_deform_rig/skin/file__read_in_skin

is missing…. and: is this a v13 Biped AutoRig?
The Main_Chracter.otl or where does it com from?
483 posts
That's where you should have a closer look maybe.

Attachments:
Where-to-Start.jpg (406.3 KB)

154 posts
The file for the file__read_in_skin is the FinishedWeights.bgeo

Yes this is a biped auto rig. Sorry I might haven't told you that before….
But I think it is 15 though since my Houdini is the newest one.
I didn't know if the otl file matters but I put it in the download file anyways. Sorry…
154 posts
Yes.. I am trying to transfer the FinishedWeights.bgeo file from the skin to the clothes…
483 posts
Ok, got it working… I can have later a deeper look :-)
Edited by matthias_k - Jan. 18, 2017 09:31:37

Attachments:
OK-got-it-working.jpg (481.1 KB)

154 posts
Maybe the OTL file is from the biped rig but I thought since the weight is baked onto another file and the animation proxy is there as well. I may have not needed it but I didn't want any errors so I put it in the file anyways.

Thank you so much Matthias! I appreciate it!
7760 posts
Here's the screenshot of how to do the Attribute Transfer using your file.

Attachments:
Capture.PNG (476.5 KB)

483 posts
This would be the fastest way…

uups, did not see, your picture edward :-)
came to the same conclusion
Edited by matthias_k - Jan. 18, 2017 10:02:24

Attachments:
Your-Starting-Point.jpg (569.8 KB)

483 posts
It's not looking nice, but shows that it is working

Attachments:
ScreenCaptureProject59.mp4 (2.7 MB)

• Quick Links