Houdini RAM problem

2605   5   1
8 posts
Hi guys,
I've a scene with a model + a tranform and a paint, 3 Nodes, really basic. Houdini take 99% of my memory (64Go) just because i paint on my model.
Then i've do a news scene with nothing, no node. Houdini continue to use 99% of my memorie… i dont understand.

I've try to delete my preference (My document > Houdini 17.5), no changement.

If i restart my houdini it's okay, but when i work with my scene the problem come again.

I've trying to clear the undo history(i was think houdini stack the painting undo in memory like maya, but no), and clean the cache manager, but nothing change.

Any guys can help me ?

Thank you
Edited by Fanatik - Dec. 17, 2019 10:47:26

Attachments:
prb.jpg (277.0 KB)
prb02.jpg (192.1 KB)
nimp.jpg (285.8 KB)

141 posts
Hi maybe this post can help you
https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/53492/ [www.sidefx.com]
Sorry for my english but i learn too ^^

1 ryzen 3970X 64go
1 xeon hexacore 32go
1 i7 hexacore 16o
8 posts
Thank you, but it's the same whithout a groom scene.

I just want to paint on a grid, When i paint a lot on my geo, the ram usage becomes high.

It is the same on H18, The houdini french community have made some test and it's the same for all.. so, we haven't fix the problem.

Isn't really cool for the grooming, we need to paint a lot of time, and the worst solution it's to close and restart Houdini for cleaning the ram usage… insane
Edited by Fanatik - Dec. 18, 2019 05:09:15
141 posts
Tu es Français ?
Sorry for my english but i learn too ^^

1 ryzen 3970X 64go
1 xeon hexacore 32go
1 i7 hexacore 16o
19 posts
The paint node is now deprecated and don't even show up in my Houdini 18 build. https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/sop/paint.html [www.sidefx.com]

SideFX suggests to use the Attribute Paint node instead, which fortunately does not push my system to the max. Hope this works for you.
7801 posts
This doesn't happen for me. Maybe report the issue to sidefx with your system configuration info.

Attachments:
paint_ram_use.png (1.1 MB)

• Quick Links