Wrap3 in Houdini

4672   6   1
71 posts
Hey guys,

I do a bit of model work when im not working in houdini. And one tool that im increasing using in production and personal work is Wrap3.

For those unfamiliar have a quick look.

The whole app just feels like a small slice of Houdini.

I hope those at SESI know about this because it offers a very streamlined a nodal environment to perform tasks much like a sop workflow.

I'm almost positive most of the functionality could be built with what already exists but its an extremely useful tool. And since SESI are always looking to push more into the artist market i thought it might be worth a look.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts.
Senior Groom TD @ Industrial Light & Magic - abvfx [abvfx.me]
129 posts
+1
71 posts
And now its here.

https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/sop/topotransfer.html [www.sidefx.com]

Awesome job SESI.
Senior Groom TD @ Industrial Light & Magic - abvfx [abvfx.me]
41 posts
Wrap3 has a lattice deform that allows you to apply the wrapped face to the original figure (the one that has manifold disconnected parts like eyes/eyelashes/inner mouth). How do you do this in Houdini with Topo Transfer? I tried using the Houdini Lattice SOP but I don't think it works the same as Wrap3's lattice and didn't morph the original figure.
8551 posts
what you are describing sounds like Point Deform SOP
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
41 posts
tamte
what you are describing sounds like Point Deform SOP
Thanks for pointing me at Point Deform. It looks like it gets me closer to the Wrap3 Lattice node but there is a harsh, hard transition between the face and the rest of the body. I'll have to investigate if there's a good way to do a soft blend around the transition area.
Staff
3455 posts
you may also want to try adding those areas to the Rigid Primitives parameter…
see the help card for more info.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
  • Quick Links