IRON HEART WINNERS

39127   66   1
47 posts
Woop woop, this time I did it! Big congrats to everyone who took part in this year's Mardini and SideFX for hosting the challenge! In case you are interested: Just like last year, I will release all of my submissions' HDAs on Gumroad for free soon so you can check them out if you want to cuz sharing = caring ♥ -> https://gumroad.com/mareyus [gumroad.com]
Follow me on social media to get notified once they are released, links down below
Edited by MAREYUS - April 1, 2021 08:10:54

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_marius_schmuecker_mareyus.png (4.7 MB)

Marius Schmücker
Houdini FX Artist/TD

https://marius-schmuecker.com [marius-schmuecker.com]
https://twitter.com/mareyus [twitter.com]
https://www.instagram.com/mareyus/ [www.instagram.com]
https://www.linkedin.com/in/marius-schmuecker/ [www.linkedin.com]
https://gumroad.com/mareyus [gumroad.com]
38 posts
Thx SideFX for the great challenge! What a wild month!
Edited by Carl Krause - April 1, 2021 08:20:06

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_carlKrause_srgb.jpg (3.8 MB)

35 posts
Wohoo we did it! Big thank you to SideFX for organizing this awesome event! This was such an inspiring month, incredible to see how many amazing artworks were created during this challenge!

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_nicoklein.png (5.7 MB)

147 posts
It was a nice challenge, but not more time for that... check also the video

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_matteo_migliorin.jpg (797.7 KB)

94 posts
I participated every day with these works. Thank you very much for the opportunity

Attachments:
Mardini 2021.jpg (1.2 MB)

38 posts
Thanks to SideFX for such an amazing challenge, made me learn a lot, I'm already excited and looking forward to more future challenges. and Thanks to everyone who participated all of you made great artwork.
congratulation to the winners!

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_AYOUB HA.jpg (2.6 MB)

32 posts
I had a lot of fun with this challenge. I look forward to revisiting some of the ideas I could only spend a day on. All the creativity from everyone on here is super encouraging. I had a blast!

Attachments:
IRON_HEART_SUBMISSION_LUCASRUMNEY.jpg (2.3 MB)

128 posts
This was a fun way to learn Houdini.

Thank you SideFX for this challenge and making this month so much fun.
Thank you everyone for sharing the knowledge and giving me inspiration.

Houdini is Life

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_manas.jpg (5.2 MB)

68 posts
♥♥♥ CONGRATULATIONS & much love to everyone ♥♥♥ after participating for learning Houdini (started with Houly) I'm confident enough to work on commercial project, completely in Houdini. This is huge for my family and me, I'm pretty sure our future will be brighter from this point on. I cannot tell how much I learned and tbh. I'm blown away to see what all the artists are capable of creating in this short time! We will see us in the next ART JAM! (if my wife and kids accept another month of complete insanity and sleepless nights :P) ♥ thank you guys!
Edited by oooskar - April 1, 2021 13:58:12

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_oooskar.jpg (3.7 MB)

34 posts
Wooohooo!!!! This time last year I just started out with Houdini and was picking my hair to understand the simplicity of the complexity that Houdini offers. Looking at this one-year journey, especially with Mardini being the cherry on top, makes me wanna pat myself on the back.

Mardini was the best learning experience. I have witnessed some jaw-dropping entries and learned a lot from each one of them. Congrats to all the winners, in fact, everyone who is posting to this forum sleep-deprived while cracking their backs!

Special thanks to SideFX and the judges for this amazing brain exercise. Tons of thanks to Moeen Sayed's Reviews which taught me a lot about making appealing visuals. It's not an easy task to make all those videos while trying to keep the video short and not compromising on knowledge and entertainment at the same time!

This was an amazing experience and I can't wait for more hair picking as I explore the depths of Houdini more and more.

Attachments:
My_Mardini_IronHeart_NHP.jpg (3.0 MB)

35 posts
We made it! Learned a lot, met a ton of great people on various social media and discord. Was a great experience.... aaaand I'm glad it's over.

Attachments:
jasonharmon_ironheart.png (6.7 MB)

96 posts
It was a fun and meaningful month.
Much love to everyone, See you at the next event

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_00000.png (4.6 MB)

32 posts
Wait, is this it? What do I do now?! Return to "real" life and stop neglecting my family, friends, living space and personal hygiene? Pffft! Never!!

I can't say it was easy to keep it going, particularly with work and family in the mix (man, I miss being a young student with no responsibilities!) but it was really good to challenge myself and I'm pretty happy with the results (or most of them, anyway!). Seeing the amazing work produced by the rest of the community every day was truly inspiring and I look forward to seeing more masterpieces next time around (although I may not manage the full month again!).

Now, where's that drink gone?

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_afbCreative.png (14.5 MB)

163 posts
The long and short Mardini has come to an end.
I was 13th in Houly, but this time I was 6th and I feel I'm growing!
I've been using Houdini for 3 years now, and I'm going to grow even more, and one day I'll win the BEST COLLECTION!

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_FuruyaTakumi.png (5.4 MB)

32 posts
It was really great experience, thanks everyone, it was so much fun!
Edited by Desturberrr - April 1, 2021 15:47:45

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_template_Desturberrr.jpg (3.6 MB)

72 posts
ironheart

What a month! Congrats to everyone who took part in the challenge!
It was so inspiring to see all the great artists from day to day.
I learned a lot again, and of course there are so much more to learn and discover.
Thanks for the SideFx staff for organizing this event!
See you guys next time!

Attachments:
Mardini2021_IronHeart_ContactSheet_CB.png (5.3 MB)

33 posts
Thank you so much to everyone who participated, and to sideFX!
It was a tough project, but I think the reason I was able to pull it off is because Houdini is a great tool.
I learned a lot and was inspired by the artists.
It was an unforgettable March.
Once again, thank you everyone!

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart.png (6.2 MB)

77 posts
Thank you SideFX for another great daily challenge!!
I really enjoyed every bit of it!! Enjoyed Moeen's review series too and I liked how you could check them out from the forum!!
Last but not least, awesome community!!! Thank you everyone and excellent job!! We did it!!

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_suzu8.jpg (2.8 MB)

65 posts
Congrats and thank you to everyone especially SideFX for an amazing challenge. It was truly a blast and I look forward to seeing more from all of you! I started with Houdini/3d a year ago and this has been by far the most inspiring opportunity to improve and actually get some stuff out there !

I ended up continuing to work on many of these days past the deadline, but I made sure to fill out the calendar with my daily submissions. my post-midnight mardini remixes should all be posted to my instagram soon, but I also neeeed some sleep...

and wow, it's really awesome to see everyone's ironheart collections all together.
Edited by dotsimulate - April 1, 2021 20:15:05

Attachments:
ironheart_dotsimulate.png (5.7 MB)

32 posts
Thank you, everyone

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_template.png (6.2 MB)

• Quick Links