How to export multiple animation clips to a glTF?

2050   6   4
444 posts
I'm checking ROP GLTF Character Output [www.sidefx.com] and I'm not so sure if I get it. It looks like has only one clip (Clip Range parameter). But I'm pretty sure GLTF supports multiple clips in a file. For example that's how Godot engine imports its character animations.

So how to export multiple clips from Houdini?
2 posts
Same question.
1738 posts
Last I checked you can't. We ended up pushing fbx's over to blender, and publishing gltf with multiple clips there.

Very frustrating.
http://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki [www.tokeru.com]
https://www.patreon.com/mattestela [www.patreon.com]
2 posts
bump, anyone figure out how to get multiple clips in one glTF?
43 posts
Houdini has growing but pretty limited and sometimes bugged support for complex GLTF files.
For now, as for me, most stable solution is to use Houdini + Blender.
You can export your scene as a several GLTF (GLB) files from Houdini, then import, clean up (duplicated tex etc.) and export from Blender (Blender preserves GLTF specific information). Or use dedup GLTF python libs.
For example, I can export all files from TOPnet and call "shell" node to run background Blender instance + python script.
Folder, fps, frame range and other parameters passed as arguments (argv = sys.argv staff).
I mean Blender even don't show up on the screen.
I don't work in Blender and this maybe not good instruction
1."ROP GLTF Output" has "Animation Name" field. Save each animation in separate file.
2.Import in Blender.
3.Animation layout, left screen border near middle where "dope sheet", click and find "Nonlinear Animation" (NLA Editor)
4.You need to copy (add - add action strip or Shift A) animation track (You can search How to copy an action strip from one object to another)
5.Delete all object, don't touch only the chosen one
6.Export
I just now tried this and it works. I guess You can convert this to python script by browsing Blender python documentation.
Edited by tachbek - April 25, 2023 10:02:47
208 posts
Bump this.
7722 posts
Please log your requests into support to bump this.
  • Quick Links