H20 textureMask Udim

1391   6   1
1 posts
Hi all.

How to use the new texturePaintMask if my model has udim. The tickbox’s don’t do anything.

Hope someone know?

Thanks
93 posts
You will need to provide a udim tile number attribute to make it work. This can be done with the Labs Udim Tile Number node [www.sidefx.com]
Houdini Pipeline Supervisor @ TAT Studio
193 posts
I can’t seem to arrive at exporting the udims in texture form or figuring out another way to use them in shaders.
Can anyone help me out with that ?

I’ve tried messing with the height field output node.
The only way I got it working is using a for each node and manually changing the single pass value as wel as change the number.

I`l automate it and post it here but if anyone has a better solution I`d love to hear it.
Edited by NicTanghe - Nov. 24, 2023 13:25:45
11 posts
NicTanghe
I can’t seem to arrive at exporting the udims in texture form or figuring out another way to use them in shaders.
Can anyone help me out with that ?

I’ve tried messing with the height field output node.
The only way I got it working is using a for each node and manually changing the single pass value as wel as change the number.

I`l automate it and post it here but if anyone has a better solution I`d love to hear it.

Try to use a COP net set to volume slice and with center on 0.5 / 0.5.
In there you can treat the tex masks as images!
60 posts
That's right, you currently need to provide a primitive attribute indicating which primitive belongs to which UDIM tile. The reason for this additional step is so we can support UV space wrap-around behavior on a per UDIM tile basis. However, we have determined that this need is not common enough to justify the additional setup, so the plan is to add an "automatic udim" mode that will just infer the UDIM tile from the UV coordinates. Hopefully, we will be able to backport this in time for the first production build release.

As for writing out the UDIM volumes, unfortunately we do not have a good push button solution for this at the moment. For writing out a single volume primitive as an image, you could either use the Heightfield Output ROP or read the volume into COPs with a SOP Import and write it out from there with the ROP File Output. To write out multiple volumes to separate files, you basically need run such a ROP for each primitive. You could do this with a for each block in SOPs, as NicTanghe mentioned, or you could use a TOP network. I've attached an example hipfile showing how to set this up.

Attachments:
udim_example.hip (2.6 MB)

2 posts
Hi,
I have been using texture mask it has been great to have this feature. I noticed that when I blast some geometry
the texture mask doesn't seem to work. I imported a character and it has lot of shapes such as body, eyes, teeth etc.
I isolated just the body using a blast. I am using Udim attr and the mask seems to work fine when I don't remove any geometry.

Edit: Just realized that the output is there but its not showing up in paint mode so maybe a viewport bug
Edited by dhnerurkar - Dec. 1, 2023 13:51:09
193 posts
Here’s my single button push HDA.

edit:
It seems that it doesnt work becouse the single pass change isn`t remembered or something i wil try the proposed cops method.
Edited by NicTanghe - Dec. 7, 2023 11:13:17

Attachments:
sop_nanghe.udim_texture_print.1.0.hdalc (16.8 KB)

• Quick Links