[HCS] Dark Houdini Color Scheme

88051   70   12
4256 posts
Moose
Cheers Woolfwood - I've also added a few minor tweaks of my own to your second offering… I'm loving it, very retro.

Feel free to share. (Or at least just the changes.) I like seeing other people's variations, since I'm kinda exhausted of twekaing it.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
52 posts
Wolfwood
Feel free to share. (Or at least just the changes.) I like seeing other people's variations, since I'm kinda exhausted of twekaing it.

Very minor changes really - it's almost %100 still your theme.

Attachments:
moose_edit_of wolfwoods_2_ui.zip (9.0 KB)

4256 posts
Moose
Very minor changes really - it's almost %100 still your theme.

Minor but good ones.

For my next iteration I'll definitely use some of them, especially the ButtonMenuArrow* tweaks.
27 posts
I like Wolfwoods old one with the blue background from the previous…

Attachments:
houcolours.jpg (55.1 KB)

Doolittle: Don't give me any of that intelligent life crap, just give me something I can blow up
4 posts
not sure where you put the “3DSceneColors.bw” file. I really like the blue background in the view port.

idfour :?
27 posts
just put these files loose in your home/houdin9.0/config folder….
I'd like to know how to make the key ticks brighter in the timeline….

Attachments:
blueback.zip (6.7 KB)

Doolittle: Don't give me any of that intelligent life crap, just give me something I can blow up
4256 posts
jimbojones
I'd like to know how to make the key ticks brighter in the timeline….

DopeSheetKeyActive
7024 posts
Here are my tweaks. Basically brightening the header bars where the context colour is, and upping the saturation of the colours. IMO they need to catch your eye.

This required darkening the text though, so there might be a few places where the darker text is harder to read. C'est la vie.

Cheers,

Peter B

Attachments:
UILight_moose_WW_pjb.hcs.zip (5.7 KB)

7024 posts
Bizarrely, the parm text for a toggle is different from the parm test for other parms.. so in my scheme, toggle parm text is very hard to read
7024 posts
One serious problem with all this is that you can't see the dotted “string eval” border around string fields that have been MMB'd on… I wonder if that is hard coded or I just can't find the entry in the .hcs file. If the former, BUG IMO.

Cheers,

Peter B
4256 posts
pbowmar
One serious problem with all this is that you can't see the dotted “string eval” border around string fields that have been MMB'd on… I wonder if that is hard coded or I just can't find the entry in the .hcs file. If the former, BUG IMO.

I'll take a peak shortly. There are some strange logic settings with these UI files. Like if the Value of this color is less than X, then add 0.2. Plus some of the settings are like an over operation, others are like screens. These things drive me crazy cause I'll get everything all nice, then make one tiny change that forces all these other things over the threshold. *grinds teeth*
Staff
6169 posts
We've added a .hcs section to the Exchange for people to publish their favorite colour schemes.

Please name them other than UILight.hcs, however, as future versions of Houdini will be able to handle different named colour schemes.
4256 posts
jlait
We've added a .hcs section to the Exchange for people to publish their favorite colour schemes.

Please name them other than UILight.hcs, however, as future versions of Houdini will be able to handle different named colour schemes.

Aye, name the other than UILight.hcs and ALSO change the Scheme name inside the file. (Usually the first or second line)
648 posts
well there goes the morning, But:
is there a way to set NodeButtonGradLow ?
4256 posts
cpb
well there goes the morning, But:
is there a way to set NodeButtonGradLow ?

Its the opcolor of the node.

If you hit “c” in the network you have the option to color the node that way.
648 posts
… and whereabouts do I set the default opcolour ?
4256 posts
cpb
… and whereabouts do I set the default opcolour ?

That is a VERY good question

SESI?
Staff
6169 posts
I believe you have to edit the opcreation script to set the opcolor to something else. Worse yet, a lot of digital assets have their own colours hardcoded.

Best I can suggest is $HH/scripts/opmacros/createnode
12429 posts
jlait
We've added a .hcs section to the Exchange for people to publish their favorite colour schemes..

Part of my scheme involved the 3DSceneColors.bw file - so unless the 3DSceneColors gets combined into the .hcs file format at some time, this section on the Exchange might need to support uploading of multiple files - or at least .zip's of them. Right now it only wants a .hcs.
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
58 posts
one question: how to make possible to choose from few themes from H level? when you put i.e Wolfwood theme and go to EDIT–> COLOR_SETTINGS, you'll see there are current theme, but I wanna use there few themes, I mean to have a possibility to change between them
  • Quick Links