HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AVI FILES

6429   8   2
15 posts
i have been using houdini and have made some good animations but i need to be abe to play these in windows media player without having houdini on my computer. is their any way i can create AVI files from houdini and if so how HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Todge
113 posts
just convert your image sequence to an avi, with or tools like virtual dub or so … Nobody wants to render a .avi directly from render
36 posts
http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/ [virtualdub.sourceforge.net]

is where it's at
Staff
3455 posts
or use the command line tool ‘mcp’

http://www.sidefx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=381&highlight=mcp [sidefx.com]
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
225 posts
Hi All

The mcp docs on Linux say avi is not supported,( .avi just brings up the help menu). I tried to convert to hmv and it created the movie allright(apparently so) but then I had issues with hmvplay trying to play it back, basically I get nothing displayed. Some experimenting with other codecs gave me this
RE_OGLRender: Bad drawPixelsMode (0)
Warning, GL_ABGR_EXT not supported – images will look bad

hope it helps

I'm pretty sure i never used “-c abgr” for any of my attempts

Anyway I'm looking for “ANY” way I could create an avi (divx)

I'm running Gentoo, and have Cinelerra and avidemux emerged, Only I can't for the life of me figure out how to load sequential images in either. How do you guys make those movies?

Please help

thanks

tallkien
113 posts
Isn't Avi demux capable or loading image sequences ?
You can try “transcode” too
225 posts
Avidemux is supposed to support frames, just don't know how to load them in. Anyway I got animmaker working with mencoder so i'm good for now. animmaker only supports uncompressed tga's which it converts to raw uncompressed avi which I can then encode to divx with mencoder. Need massive amounts of disk space to get anything done but the results are worth it

If anyone knows of a better way, i'm still interested

thanks
tallkien
15 posts
this virtual dub i have got it but i cant seem to work it to create an avi what do i have to do plz explain in desperate need to create avi's
Todge
15 posts
this virtual dub i have got it but i cant seem to work it to create an avi what do i have to do plz explain in desperate need to create avi's
Todge
  • Quick Links