How to render houdini particle as Ripoint for renderman ??

7255   5   1
35 posts
Hi all,
i managed to render Ricurves but doesnt find a way to do it with Ripoints
cry

thks
24 posts
Hi,

Does anyone know how to render ricurves?

Thanks,
atabet
7726 posts
I think they have to be polygon curves.

As for points, in the parameters of your geometry object, go to the Render tab. Change the Geometry parameter to Render only points.
Staff
2540 posts
Yes, ri_curves have to be defined as polygon curves in Houdini.

If you have the ri_curve_basis set to 1, then any open polygon curve will do. If you have the ri_curve_basis set to cubic, then you have to make sure that your polygon curves have 4 points and increase in multpiles of three or your curves won't render. A good side test is to convert your polygon curves to bezier curves. If the conversion is successful, i.e. you can see your curves, then they will render correctly when you pass the polygon curves in to renderman.
There's at least one school like the old school!
Staff
2592 posts
jeff
Yes, ri_curves have to be defined as polygon curves in Houdini.

That is, unless you're using RenderDotC or AIR which both support the RiNuCurve primitive (in which case you can use NURBS curves).
387 posts
Hey,

Just been down this path for RiPoints. fyi: if you also want to set the renderman varying float “width” parameter, you can do this in a Point SOP by setting Particle->Scale, and use an expression which uses $PT

b.
''You're always doing this: reducing it to science. Why can't it be real?'' – Jackie Tyler
  • Quick Links