bake texture

4632   4   3
313 posts
I just tried the command “mantra -u” to unwrap texture. It is a fantastic command! But it only works for mantra! I hope there will be one command which unwrap rman UV textrue.

thank you for your attentions
7028 posts
Hey,
Yep, it's pretty cool. However, you'll need to ask Pixar to add it to PRman if you want it there ) SESI can't add stuff to software they don't have the source for

Cheers,

Peter B
Staff
2540 posts
Although we would dearly love for PIXAR to give us their source freely so we could happily implement this feature for them.

I'm still waiting Mr. Jobs……

Hmmmm….
There's at least one school like the old school!
5 posts
pbowmar
Hey,
Yep, it's pretty cool. However, you'll need to ask Pixar to add it to PRman if you want it there SESI can't add stuff to software they don't have the source for

Cheers,

Peter B

For PRMAN : Use bake3d to write out P, shaderColours and UV coords into a pointcloud, then use ptrender to make your UV textures from your pointcloud.

You'd have to add the bake3d call to your .sl code and recompile to .slo - as well as recreate your shader .otl to include your new bake3d shader parameters.
320 posts
noah
For PRMAN : Use bake3d to write out P, shaderColours and UV coords into a pointcloud, then use ptrender to make your UV textures from your pointcloud.

You'd have to add the bake3d call to your .sl code and recompile to .slo - as well as recreate your shader .otl to include your new bake3d shader parameters.

This is usually how I make my normal maps.

Something like this will bake your uv's.

bake3d(filename, displaychannels, point(u,v,0), NN, “interpolate”,
interpolate, “_illumsurfcolor”, illumsurfcolor);
www.alan-warren.com
  • Quick Links