RFE:Managing node's flags inside an OTL

3952   6   1
581 posts
Hi SESI.
It could be possible to use hscript or expressions to toggle node, that are inside the OTL, flags?
At the moment it is impossible to use opset for a callback script in any of the OTL gadget to toggle for example the template flag of a node inside th OTL.
It could be ver handy.
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
4270 posts
You can do this now.

The only two flags that get “locked” when inside an Digital Asset are the Display and Render flags. All the other ones, template, footprint, unload, etc can still be changed through the UI or opset.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
Staff
1072 posts
Be aware that any such changes will not get saved with the hip file though.
4270 posts
Ondrej
Be aware that any such changes will not get saved with the hip file though.

Which is a good thing.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
581 posts
Yes it works, now the problem is that when you are calling to opset from the HDA you are one level up from the node you are touching, so you can't see the template.
If you go into the template flag is set correctly, but i want to view my profile geometry in the up level, so i think that the only way is to playing with some swithes.
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
Staff
3456 posts
you could place a geometry node at the top level (unselectable), then inside use an object merge to bring in the geometry you want to view as a guide…

—-

we really do need to have a round table discussion on OTLs and viewing/manipulating all the crap inside, the more people use them (which is great) the more there seems to be things that they're not able to do at the moment…
this must be the 15th thread about stuff like this…..
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
581 posts
arctor
you could place a geometry node at the top level (unselectable), then inside use an object merge to bring in the geometry you want to view as a guide…

—-

we really do need to have a round table discussion on OTLs and viewing/manipulating all the crap inside, the more people use them (which is great) the more there seems to be things that they're not able to do at the moment…
this must be the 15th thread about stuff like this…..
For me no problem.
I think that OTL could be the corner stone for future productions, so they are very very important
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
  • Quick Links