Issue with rigging either manual or Autorig!

981   2   1
7 posts
Hi,

I'm new to Houdini and so far loving it. I have come from about just over 3 years experience in Maya so have an understanding of rigging to a degree but never found it very friendly in Maya.

I have set up a rig using “New Autorig Asset” with the “Rig Geometry Source” set to file and loads the character via an FBX.

Then I have used both “Blank Rig” and “Biped” and get the same results and can't seem to figure it out.

I am following this tutorial https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/autorigging-masterclass/ [www.sidefx.com] and have got to 27:00 minutes and when I got to turn on “deform” node i get a red triangle next to it and the character won't deform. I have attached a screen shot to show.

can any one advise me at all please? I'm really interested in rigging as its something I really didn't like in Maya but it seems so far very friendly in houdini.

Cheers
Joe

Attachments:
AutoRig.jpg (117.7 KB)

Staff
3455 posts
it's very likely the Stash SOP
select it and click the button that says “Stash Input”
this node does just what it says - it stashes the input into itself, so that you don't have to recalculate the solidEmbed or the biharmonic…

so once you've done that you should be able to display the deform node.
just remember that if you make any changes ABOVE the Stash SOP, you'll have to click that “Stash Input” button again.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
7 posts
goldfarb
it's very likely the Stash SOP
select it and click the button that says “Stash Input”
this node does just what it says - it stashes the input into itself, so that you don't have to recalculate the solidEmbed or the biharmonic…

so once you've done that you should be able to display the deform node.
just remember that if you make any changes ABOVE the Stash SOP, you'll have to click that “Stash Input” button again.

Hi Michael!

Thanks alot for the reply that solved it straight away!!!!

Thanks
Joe
  • Quick Links