watching "stop being afraid of houdini" sweep node issue

395   3   1
2 posts
Hello Houdini community,
this is my first post, excuse my ignorance i'm super new to houdini, coming from cinema 4d background, watching "Stop being afraid of houdini" tutorial, the issue is that, the tutorial was made using houdini 18, while i'm using 20 indie, i found many changed nodes, such as the sweep in houdini 18, has three inputs, and the new one has only two ,
I was wondering if there is a topic/post talk about the differences between versions in that tutorial, if there is i would appreciate it if you could point me out to it,
if not, how do you usually tackle such an issue?
appreciate it.
4515 posts
Hi,

Unless the tutorial is updated, you have to figure it out for each case. You can also ask about it here for each issue you can't resolve.
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | animatrix2k7.gumroad.com
8551 posts
in a lot of cases when node changes drastically it's actually a new node type version
and you can revert to previous node type version [www.sidefx.com] and be able to follow tutorial
which is also the case with Sweep SOP

but then also this [www.sidefx.com] touches the topic a bit
Edited by tamte - March 29, 2024 12:36:19
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
2 posts
Thanks @animatrix_ @tamte
that was so useful knowing I can revert to previous nodes, I think I will try to tackle the issue of learning new nodes on the go, it might be better than adding a new layer of learning old/new nodes for me.

appreciate it
Edited by tenomotion - April 1, 2024 09:08:12
  • Quick Links