INTRODUCTION

16325   23   7
スタッフ
1182 posts
SideFX is proud to announce the HOULY Daily Challenge [www.sidefx.com] where Houdini artists can compete for cool prizes by creating a new image or animation everyday during the month of July. Each week has a theme and each day has a topic to help inspire you on your journey.

The following calendar shows each of the daily topics and weekly themes:

On July 1, a HOULY Daily challenge forum will be made available and a thread for each of the topics will appear. Create your artwork using Houdini products, including Indie and Apprentice, and render using Karma, Mantra or third party renderers working from within the Houdini environment. Any compositing work should be done using COPS.

PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR OWN THREADS TO THIS FORUM: Post your work to the threads for each topic. Other threads will be removed.
Edited by rmagee - 2020年7月1日 01:03:47
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
51 posts
Great idea and I'm excited to try my hand at a few of these.

Two things:

1) there are more than a few unanswered questions on the original announcement page (as comments there) https://www.sidefx.com/community/houly-daily-challenge/ [www.sidefx.com]

and 2) please make some allowance for renders made offline using third-party renders ala blender(eevee/cycles)

Thank you and see you soon
-alan/organic
スタッフ
1182 posts
An FAQ list has been added to the main page. Please refer back to that.
Robert Magee
SideFX
30 posts
That's so cool. I'd love to participate, but I fear each setup/rnd might escalate very quickly, as we all know.

How are you going to handle the prizes? Is it like overall / most amount of interesting setups that will win or is it sort of divided into the days? In the latter case you could focus on actually finishing something that one started, which would be great.
- Martin Egger
Student at Filmakademie BW
& Freelance FX TD
51 posts
rmagee
An FAQ list has been added to the main page. Please refer back to that.

Thank you sir!
406 posts
Perfect!
Masoud Saadatmand (MSDVFX)
スタッフ
1182 posts
Tortoise
How are you going to handle the prizes? Is it like overall / most amount of interesting setups that will win or is it sort of divided into the days? In the latter case you could focus on actually finishing something that one started, which would be great.

There are prizes for people who focus on making one or two really good entries and there are prizes that reward people who create entries every single day. You can choose how you work best and go for it that way. Enter every day and you will. get a SWAG Pack so there is one advantage to meeting each daily challenge.
Robert Magee
SideFX
74 posts
So the
“Q. Can I output the animation using flipbooks?
A. Yes. You can use the Viewport OpenGL to output your entry.”

So that means you can output how it looks in the viewport without using Karma/Mantra?
453 posts
How do we deliver the result if we use MOPS, QLib,etc.? Do we just say which version of the toolset is required in the delivery?
What about Houdini versions? Should we indicate the used version?
2 posts
Consider my janky looking geometry and motion.
attachment :
Image Not Found

Attachments:
earth.hipnc (404.3 KB)

スタッフ
1182 posts
DASD
How do we deliver the result if we use MOPS, QLib,etc.? Do we just say which version of the toolset is required in the delivery? What about Houdini versions? Should we indicate the used version?

Submitting files will only be necessary if you win although it is OK to share files and tools if you want to share them with the community. Version number isn't needed. Indicate any outside plug-ins when you submit the files.
Robert Magee
SideFX
6 posts
Hello! If my side fx account is from my design studio I need to create a personal side fx account to submit my work? I have this doubt after read the groups question on the FAQs.

Thanks.
76 posts
Hi, can I use some of my old works or all of it has to be made during the day?
8 posts
This is my first post.
Do I need to be approved by a moderator? How long will that take?
スタッフ
1182 posts
All entries have the were first time postings were held up. All of them have been approved. If you are a first time poster on subsequent days please only post once - it will be approved as soon as possible.
Robert Magee
SideFX
39 posts
How i can find out how many points i have?
スタッフ
1182 posts
tortele
How i can find out how many points i have?

There will probably be a delay of a day or two for daily winners to be announced. Our goal is to have some sort of leaderboard as well but we'll have to see how best to set that up. Remember everyone gets at least one point for entering each day.
Robert Magee
SideFX
108 posts
Can I take the final exr seq to danvici to add sound fx? Sound fx only.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Krishna
スタッフ
1182 posts
k_r_i_b
Can I take the final exr seq to danvici to add sound fx? Sound fx only.

Sound FX is fine.
Robert Magee
SideFX
31 posts
I just saw this today. would I have to do all the challenges for the entire month? Like start from 1 and catch up to today?

or is it too late?
Edited by commedieu - 2020年7月5日 15:29:32
  • Quick Links