Will we be able to select&edit multiple points in Curve node in Houdini 18?

9729   24   5
159 posts
This is the most function I missed in Houdini and it's been talked about for so many years. I've sent a ref but without any further reply. It's not efficient nor procedural for us to add another edit node to edit multiple points at a time. So please update the Curve node in Houdini 18. (It will be better if we can visualize the Nurbs handle in Curve node just like all the other software but I guess it's too much for SESI)
Edited by EricSheng - 2019年10月12日 23:17:19
4189 posts
dont count on it, the previews of H18 have the same old curve tool.
77 posts
goat
This is really bad news.
Hope H19 release…
My Youtube Channel [www.youtube.com]
159 posts
zengchen01
goat
This is really bad news.
Hope H19 release…
It's been beyond a decade since I saw some guys ask for it in 2007, I guess SESI will never improve the Curve tool in Houdini, they're only focused on impressive new tools, sad.
4189 posts
Aldus Freehand, circa 1993, was an upgrade on the CurveSop IIRC
517 posts
The curve tool is just the worst It’s a really commonly used node too so it’s strange that it’s been left in such a bad state.
159 posts
peteski
The curve tool is just the worst It’s a really commonly used node too so it’s strange that it’s been left in such a bad state.
The Curve tool is too bad to make the Curve based hda bad, too. I'm really afraid to make hda that require a Curve input, but it's quite common in game dev .
4189 posts
The irony is that the SideFx's head of rnd, IIRC, master's was on curves…. perhaps their is some PTSD in revisiting them
406 posts
I hate Houdini's curve system.
Masoud Saadatmand (MSDVFX)
7733 posts
The curve tool should be removed since it's redundant with the add sop
85 posts
Perhaps SideFX Labs (Game Tools) could solve this issue, they did so many useful enhancements/tools.
artstation.com/scivfx
159 posts
xilofoton
Perhaps SideFX Labs (Game Tools) could solve this issue, they did so many useful enhancements/tools.
No, they won't. they only make HDAs with native nodes in it. But better Curve SOP should write in C++.
21 posts
We will never get a 21th century worthy Curve tool, missing this so much. Glad they enhanced the polybevel though.
8513 posts
EricSheng
No, they won't. they only make HDAs with native nodes in it. But better Curve SOP should write in C++.
you could write perfectly capable curve tool HDA using Viewport Python States nowadays, so wouldn't rule anything out
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
7733 posts
tamte
EricSheng
you could write perfectly capable curve tool HDA using Viewport Python States nowadays, so wouldn't rule anything out

Yeah, just make it. why wait for the devs?
159 posts
Palipala
We will never get a 21th century worthy Curve tool, missing this so much. Glad they enhanced the polybevel though.
Houdini becomes more and more powerful while we still suffer drawing curves in it
538 posts
Houdini 17.5 has everything to create a super curve tool
Edited by Alexey Vanzhula - 2019年11月7日 01:40:07
https://gumroad.com/alexeyvanzhula [gumroad.com]
26 posts
vux
Houdini 17.5 has everything to create a super curve tool
A decent curve workflow should be native to the application considering how often curves are required to do things.
538 posts
SideFX, thank you for the python state feature!

In my toolset, it was used, for example, for interactive points extrusion (available in upcoming release) or brush style move tool. The next goal is an effective curve tool based on python states.
Edited by Alexey Vanzhula - 2019年11月9日 05:40:20
https://gumroad.com/alexeyvanzhula [gumroad.com]
4189 posts
vux
The next goal is an effective curve tool based on python states.

free tool?
  • Quick Links