SIde Effects needs some gear

20879   33   2
26 posts
Yes —I mean this company and software is too cool not to have any gear for sale.

I would like to see Side Effects or Houdini tee shirts or hoodies for sale……don't you ?

Smiles —Rich
1621 posts
To comply with the general Houdini philosophy you have to roll your own gear. Get to it!
Martin Winkler
money man at Alarmstart Germany
26 posts
Well hey— if there was no such issues as copyrights but you know —a community contest for design(S) would be fun.

Rich
Staff
5158 posts
If you're going to SIGgraph or attend another Houdini event, you can usually score some Houdini stuff.
166 posts
I would definitely buy a Houdini/SESI T-shirt or hoodie if they were offically available. I live in Sweden so attending Houdini events is quite hard and expensive for me.
696 posts
Houdini gear must be earned!
Just kidding… it would be nice though to have some sort of a competition, like a “tough mudder” or something, completely unrelated… I don't know… It's saturday!
Toronto - ON
My Houdini playground [renderfarm.tumblr.com]
“As technology advances, the rendering time remains constant.”
26 posts
I am just saying —we all wear tshirts with all kinds of nonsense on it. Proudly wearing some houdini gear seems like such a cool thing to do.

And hey –its free advertising for Side Effects as we walk about the earth. Of course a lot of us may be hold up in some cave trying to create something cool . Smiles .

Rich
1390 posts
I have three SESI t-shirts, all of them in XXL size. Send me the address so I could lumber up your wardrobe
4516 posts
SYmek
I have three SESI t-shirts, all of them in XXL size. Send me the address so I could lumber up your wardrobe

I have the same problem. I only wear L. XXL is way beyond my build
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | animatrix2k7.gumroad.com
2624 posts
It would be nice to be able to score some Houdini T shirts

Rob
Gone fishing
166 posts
Maybe a project for SideFX Labs? :wink:
43 posts
You could always go to zazzle.com and roll your own.
8 posts
rafaels
Houdini gear must be earned!
Just kidding… it would be nice though to have some sort of a competition, like a “tough mudder” or something, completely unrelated… I don't know… It's saturday!

Funny guy
Saqib

Just take it one OP at a time and you will find inner peace.
26 posts
Well —trying to get more an official gear program going out from SESI more than just making my own……Copyrights are important to everyone and do not wish to even in a simple personal fashion intrude on theirs.

Rich
Staff
1182 posts
We have investigated some online T-shirt companies but we were always concerned about the end price for you. A T-shirt in the $25-30 range seemed the norm and that seemed too high. Do you know of a company where we can set up without carrying inventory and sell for less? Or is that kind of price OK?
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
2624 posts
$25 to $30 is the norm now. !

Rob
Gone fishing
166 posts
Yeah 25-30 is pretty standard, it is okay.
26 posts
Robert that price seems fine to me as well…..and I would definitely pick up some.
I suppose you have looked at Cafepress –since they are one of the bigger folks in that business. Their corporate hq is in my town Louisville–not that I have any connection to them but I know they can provide a “shop” of sorts.

Anyhow —–I think you guys should move forward on this —-for a host of good reasons !!

Rich
12 posts
I'd buy a couple at that price as well as long as were not limited to just orange.

I'll bet there is a small Toronto or Santa Monica silkscreen company that is reasonable and would love an ongoing deal. Local small businesses need our support.

Maybe you could put a pre-order form online, and see how many of us commit to purchases.
Staff
1182 posts
After SIGGRAPH we will look into this some more and post our options here. I like the idea of a company that prints on the fly because maintaining inventory would be a challenge. it would also allow us to offer more options such as the icon t-shirts - we could have many icons available then you get to choose your favorite ones.

We always felt that price point was too much and we didn't want to look greedy (even though the tshirt company gets most if not all of the money)

Robert
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
  • Quick Links