- Sweep Geometry SOP - Allows you to sweep a piece of geo through a curve, similar to a path deform or curve brush.
- MapBox SOP - Allows for downloading satellite color, elevation and OSM data that is lined up. (We’ll release a tutorial soon. Promise.)
- Flowmap Visualize - This is a wrapper around a GLSL shader to preview your flowmaps in the viewport.
- Turntable SOP - Option to rotate around the centre and defaults to rotate clockwise.
- RBD to FBX added support for custom scale attribute. User can now override the scale of each packed primitive with a specified point attribute. (eg. pscale) This means the user no longer needs to do transform matrix multiplications themselves.
- RBD to FBX is now more robust. The tool will now filter out any non-packed geometry preventing errors on export. The tool will now also create a name attribute if it is missing on the geo, which also prevents that error from happening again. Also added the functionality to have the tool create a new name attribute as override. (User specifies prefix on UI)
- Added Detail Mesh material support. Tool will now properly handle materials assigned to the mesh texture. Also added the option to override the seam material used. Tool will now also automatically adjust tiles that are bigger than a size of 1 on X and Z axis. (Still required to have 1:1 ratio)
- Added Export of Quad with matching UVs for Octahedron Impostor.
- Updating OSM Buildings to handle footprints that have been projected onto sloped terrains
- Flowmap Obstacle 2.0 - Completely redesigned for speed.
- Flowmap 2.0 - Added different initialization methods, including a new slope method which will follow the direction of your mesh
- RBD Fracture preserves attributes - RBD Fracture will now add N only if N doesn't already exist.
Absolute and relative path now works for inside material.
Removed transfer of attributes when packing geo.
Removed nodes that unnecessarily effected N.
- Updating RBD portion of the VAT to regenerate the orient attribute in case we have animated data present.
- Disc Mesh Generator - changed how uvs are generated. UVs were being generated using arc length spline. Changed the method to use curveu and a wrangle for backward compatibility.
- Changing the Flow map obstacle to make the influence a bit more natural by changing the way the 2 opposing velocities are combines.
- VAT: Updated parameter names to work in Houdini 17. Some parameter names lost their connection when the HDA was run in Houdini 17. This have been resolved.
- VAT Fluids: Updated colour export to use correct point count. The colour export logic didn't match how normals or position were being calculated in the copnet. This has been resolved.
- Games Baker - If the uv cage object path is invalid the resulting textures have artifacts.
Changed the expression that completes the path in the bake texture ROP so that if the user hasn't added a uv cage object, the path is left blank.
- Fixed Gameres normals for generated lowpoly. (baking mode) Bake will not use hard edges anymore.
- Fix for handling OSM data that doesn’t include map level size information.
- Fixed Error in the lod_create demoscene due to changes in the RBD>FBX tool.
- Octahedron Impostor Full-Sphere bugfix. Corners points on atlas had minor rotation offset. Now perfectly aligned.
- Fixed name bug in RBD>FBX where it would fail when you had both point and prim name attribute.
- Bugfix on OSM Buildings and OSM Import where building parts weren't loading properly.
- Individual light channels were returning black for texture sheets ROP. An incorrect colour operation was negating the light channel renders causing the packed comp to return black images for Y_Point_Down_Direct, etc. This has been fixed.
- Fixed Skinningconverter trying to delete the file node inside geometry container. Would break in H17.