Marmoset Toolbag ROP - This tool allows for rendering geometry and shaders from Houdini to the .mview format. You can find more info at the dedicated Marmoset Toolbag ROP [www.sidefx.com] thread.
QuickMat 2.0 - Now with multiple material support, including the ability to create custom material names. Existing setups will still use the previous version of the node.
- We've added analytics to the GameDev nodes. As the toolset grows we want to focus on the tools that matter to you. This is one way for us to make better decisions. For more info on anonymous usage, including how to disable it, please see https://www.sidefx.com/legal/houdini-anonymous-usage-statistics [www.sidefx.com]
- Impostor ROP can now create octahedral impostors. Video coming soon.
- Refactored Destruction Cleanup. Improved overall performance.
- Vertex Animation Textures : Fluids - If the input mesh is made up of separated primitives the polyreduce would generate cracks in the geo. There's a new toggle for fluid export to fix this.
There's also new logic to calculate the texture size which should be more accurate.
- Vertex Animation Textures - Sprites now export Alpha.
- Adding UV Attribute to the AutoUV SOP and Merge Small Islands SOP.
- Hooking up Color Parameter to the Edge Group to Curve SOP.
- Impostor ROP now works with relative paths.
- When installing the game dev tools, some of the dialogs didn’t use Houdini's Qt theme and inherit the system default.
- Fixing issue where the RBD to FBX tool wouldn't export modifications.
- Fixed Games Baker P Channel output. Returned grey normalized 0-1 UV space instead of actual world position.
- Changed PivotPainter to support correct up orientation for both per-object & hierarchical basis generation.
- Animation Impostors - Fixed an issue where the camera was rendering the wrong file path.
- Animation Impostors - Camera bounds are now fixed taking the entire animation into account.