Iron Heart Submissions

3514   39   1
96 posts
Thanks everyone it's been fun!

I actually had a tiny crisis earlier, I couldn't create much. But Mardini always motivated me to create stuff everyday and this time was no different.
What is the most inspiring thing to observe is to see admissions from 2 previous years and admit that I have actually grown a lot since then.
I still struggled at times with technical issues or overcomplicating simple things but all n' all I'm yet again proud I managed to pull through for this.

Much to my surprise my bear even managed to steal 1st place on day 30 ... If you can go for a bear, always go for a bear.

Massive thanks to SideFX, Moeen, Robert Magee and everyone else involved in this. I'm thankful I can be a part of this.
Kudos to all of the participans, your works are always amazing to see.

See you all next year!

Attachments:
AleksanderMoskwa_Requson_contact_sheet.png (5.1 MB)

32 posts
gg

Attachments:
mardini_contactsheet_2024.png (3.5 MB)

97 posts
Congratulations everyone! That was fun!

There were a lot of cool ideas and submissions, really inspiring to see how everyone tackled the nodes in different and creative ways! It's really cool to see the evolution in comparison to previous year, and of course I discovered a lot of new things. But now time to get back to normal and recover sleeping hours!

See you maybe next year!

Attachments:
mardini_contactsheet_Muguja_2024.png (4.0 MB)

32 posts
Congratulations everyone!
It was a very hard event, but I learned a lot about Houdini.

Attachments:
mardini_contactsheet_2024_kinakomoti.png (4.8 MB)

76 posts
Thanks for the competition!

Attachments:
valent_mardini_contactsheet_2024.png (3.6 MB)

123 posts
Congrats everyone!!

It was a wild ride, thanks so much to Side FX, Moeen, Robert, GSG team, the jury and everyone involved on Mardini organization, it was a great opportunity to explore a lot of ideas on crazy daily deadline See you on a next opportunity.

I hope we can see more collaboration between Side FX, Moeen and GSG in the future

Cheers!!

Mardini 2024 Playlist [www.youtube.com]
Edited by cdordelly - 2024年4月1日 20:07:16

Attachments:
mardini_contactsheet_2024_cdordelly.png (3.9 MB)

67 posts
Learned a lot from the videos, very inspired/intimidated by everyone else's entries! ; - ) Thanks very much for doing this event.

Attachments:
mardini_contactsheet_2024_hediedscreaming.png (3.8 MB)

--
Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence! -- Dijkstra
33 posts
Thanks for the organizers for the amazing experience. Learned a lot!

Attachments:
mardini_contactsheet_2024.jpg (2.3 MB)

56 posts
That was an amazing experience, I loved it. I can't believe I managed to squeeze out so much juice out of myself for an entire month. I'd definitely repeat. It was such a source of rush, inspiration and creative momentum. Last night felt so empty without it.

Please bring Houly back, I'd love to do this again in a few months!
Edited by vasil-hristov - 2024年4月2日 08:11:18

Attachments:
mardini_contactsheet_2024.png (3.4 MB)

33 posts
First mardini, thanks a lot for this amazing contest!
Hopefully I'll be able to participate next time with some more time on my hands.
Congratz to everyone! Lots of awesome entries!

Attachments:
mardini_contactsheet_2024.png (4.2 MB)

44 posts
It feels surreal that I achieved to do each day. Thanks to Moeen, Robert Magee and to SideFx for creating this badass software.
See you next year!

Attachments:
mardini_contactsheet_2024.jpg (2.5 MB)

32 posts
Mardini 2024 has come to an end, it was my first but not my last. What a fun month it was. Thanks to Moeen for his exellent youtube tutorial's and big thanks to the other artists. I have learn a lot during this month. Crafting beautiful images in less time ! Gonna be ready for next year. Thanks SideFX !

Attachments:
mardini_contactsheet_2024.png (5.1 MB)

163 posts
Thank you all for your hard work this year!

This year, I was able to take 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place once, and my final ranking was 12th, which was a drop from last year, but I am personally satisfied because I did not miss any prizes all the way through from Houly.

We look forward to seeing you next year!

Attachments:
mardini_contactsheet_2024.jpg (3.3 MB)

32 posts
Well, that's it. My first Mardini completed. This was such a fun month!!! I've had a ball...I've barely had any sleep, but I got my Iron Heart submission in order and I'm genuinely so proud to have got from 1 to 31. Massive thanks to Moeen, Robert and the team at SideFX for this amazing program.

It's been such a joy to log on daily and see the amazing ways people use the nodes and also pore over the beautiful art pieces everyone has made. And the excitement of getting home after work to log into Houdini and get creative. A dream! Mardini has developed my skills more than I could have expected and I'm so grateful for the community aspect.

I'm looking forward to next year

Angus

Attachments:
00-AngusKillick_mardini_contactsheet_2024.png (4.9 MB)

51 posts
Day (thankfully its over) only a few lates, but a submission for every day earned my iron heart medal

first time Mardini entrant, congrats to all the players and to sideFX for running a neat creative competition

Attachments:
mardini_contactsheet_2024.png (3.8 MB)

https://tekano.artstation.com/ [tekano.artstation.com]
32 posts
Congratulations to all participants and thank you to everyone involved in the organisation of the event!

Attachments:
mardini_contactsheet_2024_vicifx.png (4.1 MB)

32 posts
Watching Moeen's fabulous entries (and tutorials) at Houly three years ago influenced my decision to choose Houdini as my main 3D software! So thank you twice!

This was my first participation, and I did not expect it to be so brutal and exhausting! It's been a "no life" month for me. But like many creatives, I keep delaying personal projects because my ideas are usually too ambitious to complete quickly. So Mardini solved that issue!

I enjoyed having the opportunity to learn Karma and Solaris, which had been on my to-do list for months. I missed two entries because I spent too much time learning on those days, so I completed them at the end.

Above all, I found having themes based on nodes an excellent approach. It pushed us to leave our comfort zones. I went the extra mile, modeling something new almost every day and exploring multiple rendering styles.

Bye and congratulations to everyone!

Attachments:
mardini_oliviacefai_contactsheet_2024.jpg (3.8 MB)

40 posts
Thanks

Attachments:
IronHeart.png (2.7 MB)

32 posts
attached an animated version of the contact sheet as a gif since can't see much but since you are asking a png file, I'm putting a png file too.

I can finally sleep, thank you for the challenge, learnt a whole lot about houdini and became one of my favorites programs, there's no way I win anything but god it was fun.
Edited by Jacob_Carignan - 2024年4月5日 21:37:40

Attachments:
mardini_contactsheet_2024.png (2.3 MB)
mardini_contactsheet_2024.gif (1.4 MB)

33 posts
ok that's it.
Thank you Robert and Moeen, and Sidefx and all the competitors/artists/software gurus who created a month of fun entries...See you soon..
Rob.
Edited by Ghawk11 - 2024年4月6日 00:04:53

Attachments:
__mardini_contactsheet_2024.png (3.6 MB)

• Quick Links