WELCOME & RULES

29364   50   4
スタッフ
1182 posts
Welcome to the MARDINI Daily Art Challenge which gives the Houdini community the chance to compete for cool prizes by creating a new image or animation every day during the month of March 2022.

Each week has a theme which you can see in the graphic on the rules page and each day has a Houdini node which is meant to be used to create and inspire the artwork that you submit.

You can learn about rules and prizes HERE [www.sidefx.com].

Edited by rmagee - 2022年2月28日 10:38:33
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
219 posts
excited for the challenge. I see in the rules "Any compositing work should be done using COPS." If sidefx wants us to use cops does that mean we will be seeing updates to COP2 nodes
Thanks,

Evan
37 posts
A question about the Labs Week. Are we allowed to modify the labs tools HDAs to work better if we specify how me improved it? EG: I modify the "Labs Edge Smooth" to be more faceted, giving an interesting scifi sharpening effect.
スタッフ
1182 posts
barrettM96
A question about the Labs Week. Are we allowed to modify the labs tools HDAs to work better if we specify how me improved it? EG: I modify the "Labs Edge Smooth" to be more faceted, giving an interesting scifi sharpening effect.

Please use the tools as they are - and provide feedback if you would like to see improvements in the future.
Robert Magee
SideFX
スタッフ
1182 posts
ejr32123
excited for the challenge. I see in the rules "Any compositing work should be done using COPS." If sidefx wants us to use cops does that mean we will be seeing updates to COP2 nodes

You will have to use Houdini as it is right now. Updates to tools is something that is outside the scope of the contest.
Robert Magee
SideFX
53 posts
Can we use test geometry (like pig head, rubber toy, 3dscan of Paul from SideFX labs) in the submissions?
スタッフ
1182 posts
wolskikrzys
Can we use test geometry (like pig head, rubber toy, 3dscan of Paul from SideFX labs) in the submissions?

Yes but since we see many entries using that geometry it can get lost in the shuffle - artwork that is original has a little edge with the judges. But a clever entry that uses test geometry can still win - it just needs to stand out. And especially on geometry week there would be some expectation that you would be creating your own models using Houdini.
Edited by rmagee - 2022年2月28日 14:47:41
Robert Magee
SideFX
433 posts
Loving the simplified prompts this time. I might be able to do all 31 now!
Subscribe to my Patreon for the best CG tips, tricks and tutorials! https://patreon.com/bhgc [patreon.com]

Twitter: https://twitter.com/brianhanke [twitter.com]
Behance: https://www.behance.net/brianhanke/projects [www.behance.net]
20 posts
This will be fun !
26 posts
Hi Guys! Wish you the best luck and have fun during our journey.
The biggest challenge is using COPs for the post haha. But it is fun.
3 posts
Hey, question: are HDRIs allowed?
スタッフ
1182 posts
Rhodotus
Hey, question: are HDRIs allowed?

Yes because that would be considered a texture map which can come from an outside source. Geometry must be created in Houdini.
Robert Magee
SideFX
3 posts
rmagee
Yes

Cool! Thanks for quick response.
53 posts
Can we use skeletal animation clips from others sources, or shall they be all done from scratch in Houdini?
252 posts
will it be ok to also post on social media? (facebook, instagram)
if so, any recommended official hashtags?
53 posts
I have one more question, is it allowed to reuse some assets from week one later on in the following weeks?
59 posts
galagast
will it be ok to also post on social media? (facebook, instagram)
if so, any recommended official hashtags?

Sure, go for it! You can use the hashtags #Mardini2022 and #Mardini22
Ben Mears
Community Manager
SideFX
スタッフ
1182 posts
wolskikrzys
I have one more question, is it allowed to reuse some assets from week one later on in the following weeks?

yes - that is fine
Robert Magee
SideFX
スタッフ
1182 posts
wolskikrzys
Can we use skeletal animation clips from others sources, or shall they be all done from scratch in Houdini?

As long as the clips are retargeted to your Houdini character with KineFX then it is fine.
Robert Magee
SideFX
21 posts
Can I render out the exrs then render as mp4 in AE with OCIO profile? How do you guys render out a video with Houdini?
  • Quick Links