In-Depth Look at Fur

13818   19   2
249 posts
On October 19th Derrick Moser will be going through the new fur tools in houdini 9.5 and learn how fur can be customized as it goes through the rendering pipeline and how to use the new CVEX VOP context to build shaders that define the fur's appearance.

I was wondering if this event will be recorded like the other free ones that Mario and Jeff Lait did.

and just like the Fluid tutorials put them up on bittorent. I had no problem getting the fluid tutorials that way and im sure people would love to learn from Derrick.

hope the Houdini gods will let this happen.

-andrew
blog [abvfx.wordpress.com]tumblr [andrewbrowne.tumblr.com]twitter [twitter.com]
46 posts
We will be recording each of the upcoming Free Toronto Master Classes as they happen. Our hope is to post these online at some point afterward. Using BitTorrent for large files has been helpful in the past and we will consider offering the recordings this way. See the link below for the list of upcoming master classes taking place in Toronto.

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1379&Itemid=226 [sidefx.com]
50 posts
But the OpenOffice format is problematic. I tried to open it on a Mac, and it didn't work at all.
249 posts
I would happily convert those files for you. It would take no time for SESI to do it (since open office can save to various Office products ie Word, Powerpoint …), but should they forget, shoot me a PM and i would happily convert them for you.

and thank you soo much Keith. I thought it would be too much to ask for some of the others, since they are also of high interest to me. but all of them. WOW, thank you SESI.
519 posts
OOO is great, works everywhere, windows, mac and linux. Thanks in advance to Sesi for recording the upcoming events. Now i don't have te emigrate to Canada!
50 posts
Thanks. Ill try to install OO again. Maybe it will work better.
249 posts
Any update on this?

I cant wait to see this.
460 posts
HI

is there a way to save a fur preset?

to make like a library and just apply to a different geo.

this will help me

thank you
varomix - Founder | Educator @ Mix Training
Technical Artist @ Meta Reality Labs
54 posts
i want a sidefx office in europe offering course
249 posts
phrenzy84
Any update on this?

I cant wait to see this.
46 posts
These will be showing up soon on the site. Thanks for your patience guys. I will be sure to advertise their location once posted.
46 posts
Derrick Moser's Masterclass “In-Depth Look At Fur” has now been posted in the Tutorials section. Keep an eye out for other Masterclass presentations in this section over the next little while.

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1409&Itemid=132 [sidefx.com]
Staff
3455 posts
Thanks!
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
2624 posts
Great stuff , thanks a lot for this

rob
Gone fishing
243 posts
Yes!!!
thanks alot!
JR Gauthier
Character Animation & Design
www.turboatomic.com
http://www.vimeo.com/user2847970 [vimeo.com]
460 posts
hi
Wow really nice and really IN- DEPTH look at fur, this will enhance my grass asset I'm doing.

Thank you
varomix - Founder | Educator @ Mix Training
Technical Artist @ Meta Reality Labs
249 posts
kacheson
These will be showing up soon on the site. Thanks for your patience guys. I will be sure to advertise their location once posted.

Im sorry for quoting myself, i just wanted to let you guys know at the very least one person is dying to watch this particular masterclass.

Now thats its here, i want to run off and watch it.

but a big thanks to the SESI team. Not only is this helping us im sure this will help Houdini's image as a whole. More tutorials means its more easier to use and the easier it is for people to understand the chances are more people will use it.

Because Houdini really does seem endless. I have yet to hear a flat out no when it comes to a feature Houdini is missing. If its not implemented directly there is always a very viable workaround.

thanks again guys.

(now off to watch this thing and use this knowledge.)

-andrew
52 posts
any chance to get the other masterclass videos?
575 posts
thanks for this great video.

martin
46 posts
Robert Vinluan's Masterclass on Python in Houdini has now been posted in the Tutorials section. Others will follow in days ahead.

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1412&Itemid=305 [sidefx.com]
  • Quick Links