Looking forward to next year. Cheers.

Attachments:
mardini2022_contact_sheet.png (5.4 MB)

93 posts
Let's do this again sometime!

Attachments:
mardini2022_contact_sheet.png (5.0 MB)

37 posts
It was very tough to create work on a daily basis, but it was a very fulfilling experience.
I was able to learn many things from the work of all the participants.
I realized once again that Houdini is a wonderful tool and has unlimited possibilities.
See you all next time!!

Attachments:
mardini2022_contact_sheet_KentaMorinaga.jpg (4.1 MB)

72 posts
Iron Heart!!!

This is my second time (the first was Houly), I felt relieved it's done. I struggled a lot and learned a lot too.

Attachments:
huyle_mardini2022.png (5.2 MB)

https://huylefx.com/ [huylefx.com]
40 posts
After trying out the Houly challenge a couple of years ago to get into Houdini and not doing many entries, this was a very different affair!

I think having nodes as prompts along with little videos for each one was much better for someone like me who is very much learning Houdini (thanks to Paul for doing those!)

It was cool to explore the different nodes in different parts of the software!

Had a lot of fun with a lot of my entries and congrats to all those who submitted entries!

Attachments:
AndrewBell_mardini2022_contact_sheet.png (5.8 MB)

44 posts
Really happy to take part this year and learn so much! Definitely going to be using a lot more kinefx soon!

Attachments:
mardini2022_contact_sheet_mitchell_saunders.jpg (3.2 MB)

33 posts
Cheers everyone!

Attachments:
mardini2022_contact_sheet.jpg (3.0 MB)

49 posts
Whoop!! I did not think I would make it past Vellum nodes...but I had a lot of fun with KineFX and pushed through! Solaris week was a struggle for me but I did learn quite a bit from those nodes. This was a blast...great to be a part of it! Congrats to everyone that participated!

Attachments:
mardini2022_contact_sheet_v02.jpg (2.8 MB)

123 posts
( just gonna lazy it up and paste the text I put on my submission for day 31 )
( oh, I dropped the light grey background from the thumbnail to something way darker, because... almost all my pics are portraits on black and it reaaaally looked bad next to the light grey hit me up if it's a bother. )
( also, my more usual nickname is DrKoin. You won't find a lot of things on the internet, but hey, maybe one day. )

What a strange, long trip it's been, right? Well, maybe not that long, but it sure was a hell of a ride.

Obviously, I'm very, very happy. I never thought, when I started, a bit randomly, out of a joke somehow, and 100% lighthearted and sure I'd do a few days and call it quit, I'd actually end up where I ended up.

With so many talented people working hard and well on their submissions, I feel humbled and revigorated. I HAVE to show my appreciation of EVERYONE who engaged in the VIDEO section, because sometimes, one image of your work, gals and guys, was already far ahead in terms of quality than what we people sticking to the Image section would have done.

I'd like to extend my gratitude to the top guns, who pushed me to better myself by doing amazing, incredible work each day.
I'd also like to thank Sidefx, of course, for the whole Mardini challenge. It brought me so much more than I bargained for - in a positive way. I learned as I went, a story my pictures actually tell : from a handful of curves on a black background to whole sceneries in Solaris / Karma with Kinefx animation ? IN LESS THAN A DAY? whaaaat?!

I hope I brought a little joy to folks around here, with my little improvised stories and "weekly arcs". The underground ancient mayan civilization, the Egypt arc, the Lovecraft arc, and finally the steampunk/murderbots/world fair arc. Creating those little stories may seem like a bit of a challenge, but it actually gave me a serious line to follow, which was easier than just the nodes.

Anyway, hope you enjoy that last piece. It's not as advanced as the previous, I reckon, but we need the sleep

Take care, y'all.
Edited by Wolrajh - 2022年4月1日 00:07:43

Attachments:
mardini2022_contact_sheet_wolrajh.jpg (1.1 MB)

65 posts
My hardest houdini month is over! Thanks!
Edited by naoya_horai - 2022年4月5日 04:07:42

Attachments:
mardini2022_contact_sheet.png (4.1 MB)

98 posts
Can't believe I survived !
Was very fun and instructive, so glad I participated !
Congrats to everyone !

Edited by JKLM - 2022年4月2日 18:34:42

Attachments:
mardini2022_contact_sheet.png (5.0 MB)

128 posts
That was fun.

Thank you SideFX for this challenge and making this month so much fun.
Thank you everyone for sharing the knowledge and giving me inspiration.

Houdini is Life

Attachments:
mardini2022_manas16.jpg (3.0 MB)

96 posts
Wow is over already! That was a tough learning month! A lot of new information and little time to go through it but it was worth it! Looking forward to the next one!Congrats to everyone for going through the challenge as well

Attachments:
mardini2022_contact_sheet_muguja.png (4.2 MB)

96 posts
So it is done.

Thanks to everyone for participating and sharing their work, you guys are an inspiration.
It has been a great learning opportunity, with both highs and lows.

Thank you SideFX for proving to me that I can do 31 renders in a month

And see you guys next year!

Attachments:
AM_Mardini_ContactSheet.png (5.0 MB)

53 posts
Soooo... that's the end...
What can I say, except it was a great event and I was honoured to compete against such talented people.
Time flies like crazy. It feels like March has just started but it's already over. I feel this weird void now without any more daily challenges

I wanted to thank all participants and SideFX staff for such amazing experience.
After this month I am even more convinced that Houdini is a great tool. I can also feel that I got much experience in using it, which I am verry happy about. Thanks again!

And here's my monthly summary:
Edited by wolskikrzys - 2022年4月1日 09:48:16

Attachments:
mardini2022_contact_sheet.png (6.4 MB)

12 posts
Thank you for this challenge!
Edited by connie_hxn - 2022年4月8日 23:00:13

Attachments:
mardini2022_connie_contact_sheet.png (4.7 MB)

35 posts
Thanks!!

29 posts
Congrats Everyone!
149 posts
Thanks Sidefx and thanks to everyone who participated, was a blast seeing all this creative artwork!
31 posts
Thanks MRDINI!!!
  • Quick Links