It's already there.
daniel bukovec | senior fx td | weta digital
qLib -- http://qlab.github.io/qLib/ [qlab.github.io]
517 posts
Unfortunately it still has the glitches from the stream baked in
67 posts
peteski
Unfortunately it still has the glitches from the stream baked in

I was afraid of that when I saw “user has stopped streaming” messages; YouTube simply doesn't have the content and unless they recorded a private stream on-site it's gone for good I reckon.
2 posts
Hi all, I watched the live-stream yesterday and it was amazing! The new features makes this tool really awesome and it makes me think that in a couple of years, an entire workflow can be done entirelly inside Houdini, modeling, scultping, clothing, lighting, grooming, simulation, replicators (particles), rendering, terrain generation, compositing, etc…

I only miss one features in the stream of yesterday. In the Houdini Roadmap Presentation at SIGGRAPH 2016, at the end of the video he said something about having an output preview of each node inside the Shader building. However, in the presentation refers to a previwe indide the nodes of a COPs Network… It would be awesome to have some preview similar to Substance Designer.

Waiting to see the final version.

Best,
Javier
517 posts
Nooooooooooooooo!
806 posts
I am not sure, but I understood that they were going to upload their own recording because they noticed the internet connection glitches. So here's hope …

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
136 posts
malbrecht
I am not sure, but I understood that they were going to upload their own recording because they noticed the internet connection glitches. So here's hope …

Marc

If someone recorded independent from the stream, then yes. Otherwise the presentation is gone for ever…. I tried to watch it and the stream glitches are recorded in the video. Basically you have a video with lots of missing parts, unwatchable.
Staff
3455 posts
Our understanding is that there was a recording made on site and that this would also be posted.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
250 posts
3dnv
The rigging and character tools have me smiling from ear to ear
Me as well, although I would have loved to see auto facial rigging tools as well, but all in all 16 updates are impressive.
Staff
3455 posts
we have a recording right from the source, it's being make available as I type this…
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
41 posts
You may want to consider NewTek's TriCaster or some other live video streaming solution for future endeavors.
H Indie | LightWave | ZBrush | Clarisse iFX | HDR Light Studio Pro | RenderMan
101 posts
jsa4000
Hi all, I watched the live-stream yesterday and it was amazing! The new features makes this tool really awesome and it makes me think that in a couple of years, an entire workflow can be done entirelly inside Houdini, modeling, scultping, clothing, lighting, grooming, simulation, replicators (particles), rendering, terrain generation, compositing, etc…

I only miss one features in the stream of yesterday. In the Houdini Roadmap Presentation at SIGGRAPH 2016, at the end of the video he said something about having an output preview of each node inside the Shader building. However, in the presentation refers to a previwe indide the nodes of a COPs Network… It would be awesome to have some preview similar to Substance Designer.

Waiting to see the final version.

Best,
Javier

Shader node previews were shown. They appear to work as described.
26 posts
My mouth is still open after watching the video, can't wait to see the glitch free version…
Amazing release, extremely strong new features in every aspect!

I have one question though: OpenColorIO is mentioned in the feature list, but I'd like to know “how deep” this goes. Is it only a few new nodes for COP2 (like this [github.com]) or does it completely replace the kind of outdated color management currently in Houdini allowing us to use ocio configs during lighting / previewing / rendering?
Ceterum censeo Autodesk esse delendam!
83 posts
KunaniGaming
I noticed at the end it said 3D mous support. Does anyone have a list of compatible 3D mouse products? I was ready to pull the trigger on a 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse but want to make sure it will work with 16 properly.

I have one but I might be able to tell you after Feb 21st when they release the app.
Staff
4438 posts
jsa4000

Unfortunately we didn't have time to get the shader preview working as smoothly/quickly as we wanted, so we decided it was best to just leave it out for now. COPs are currently the only nodes that can support previews.
Staff
2591 posts
debris
I have one question though: OpenColorIO is mentioned in the feature list, but I'd like to know “how deep” this goes.
OpenColorIO is supported in some viewers (i.e. mplay). There are also VEX functions to perform color transforms.

It's initial support, but should get fleshed out more in future releases.
26 posts
Thanks for your quick response. OCIO in Mplay is a big help already.
Ceterum censeo Autodesk esse delendam!
2 posts
mtucker
jsa4000

Unfortunately we didn't have time to get the shader preview working as smoothly/quickly as we wanted, so we decided it was best to just leave it out for now. COPs are currently the only nodes that can support previews.

Thanks, so many improvements this time so this is insignifcant compared to the rest of them.
28 posts
Well, what can I say… Looks like the best software version release I have ever seen!

I mean, usually when a new app is released…you watch the demos, there might be 1-2 features you like and the rest is okayish but feels like filler etc however with H16 I liked EVERYTHING - This will set an industry standard and I wouldnt be surprised if you guys get another award
62 posts
arctor
we have a recording right from the source, it's being make available as I type this…

the recording on the sesi site is not from the source right ? it seems not glitch free..
i am so excited i really need to see the glitchfree Version
Edited by -heavy- - Feb. 8, 2017 08:51:59
Janko Kissel
Maya & Houdini Smoke and Demolition VFX-Artist
http://vimeo.com/heavyatvimeo [vimeo.com]
https://www.youtube.com/user/masterheavyone/videos [youtube.com]
  • Quick Links